Friday 11 November 2011

Man Forgets Remembrance Day

by Shaky Parkinson

At 11am this morning the country fell silent to mark the 93rd Armistice Day by paying their respects to the servicemen who have given their lives in the duty of protecting the crown and its subjects.  That is except for Mr. John Buttley of Oxfordshire who totally forgot the day's significance.

Buttley's blunder (As it has come to be known) was brought to the public foreground when he was seen wandering amongst silent pedestrians in Oxford City Centre.  "It was terrible," exclaimed Buttley, "All of a sudden everyone just stopped and lapsed into silent musing.  After half a minute I just assumed that the aliens were here to take over and started checking everyone for Zombification."

Luckily the two-minute silence ended before he could poke anymore eyes out and was quickly told of his error before being smacked in the face.  One victim had this to say, "So I'm standing there right, mindin' me own business and trying to look thoughtful when this pillock comes up and jabs a biro in my eye socket.  I've never known such pain.  I had to hit the stupid bugger, I mean who forgets Remembrance Day?"

"It just slipped my mind," apologised Buttley, "I had a lot on.  The fish tank needed a clean and I wanted to try out some scampi and lemon flavoured Nik Naks and I just forgot.  You would have thought the numerous poppy vendors and British Legion volunteers would have set something in motion but sadly it was a no go. What can I say, I forgot."

"Its a bloody disgrace," yelled veteran army man Major Major, "A grown man forgetting a day of remembrance is akin to shitting on a Royal Mail carrier pigeon.  My poor brother took a bullet in WWII and now he suffers from amnesia and even he managed to get his poppy on.   You expect it of the children because those little buggers haven't learnt about it in the first place but a grown man forgetting something is not on."

Today's incident has gone down in history as one of the most shocking and it is thought that with rehabilitation, therapy and lots of drugs Mr. Buttley will be allowed safely back into the community sometime in the next fifteen years.

No comments:

Post a Comment