Sunday 15 January 2012

Man Makes Sugar Cube Number 10

by Shaky Parkinson

Northern Ireland artist Brendan Jamison has conned his way into the halls of power by sculpting a near enough replica of Downing Street's famous black door.  The sculpture is set to be part of a cavalcade of pieces that are set to confuse foreign dignitaries and visiting VIP's.

"We needed something to go next to the door," claimed Head of Staff George Butler, "And what better thing than another door.  We sent the word out and this dude turns up with a giant sugar cube thing and we were like, yes!"

"Ping."

"It made perfect sense to me," claimed Jamison, "I like my coffee bitter and so I had all this sugar left over and then it hit me.  Ping.  Sugar sculptures.  It was then I knew what my purpose in life was.  Sugar.  Not only is it reasonably cheap to work with but no one can make up their minds if it's lame or not so until that gets sorted out I'm on easy street."

Visiting President Felipe Calderon of Mexico commented, "It's sugar?"  While Botswana's President Ian Khama said, "I don't get it."

"This is very disturbing news."

News Guff took the idea to the streets to get the lowdown on the project from the general populous. "It's made of what?" noted one out and about Gentleman, "What about the tea?  I'm sorry but this is very disturbing news."

Despite mixed reviews Jamison considerers this a "Career highlight" and after spending two months and 5,117 sugar cubes in the operation it will be the talk of the town for many seconds to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment