Saturday 9 June 2012

Maria Sharapova Prettiest Woman In Tennis Again

by Shaky Parkinson

It's been a rough few years for Maria Sharapova as the tennis world has seen prettier, younger and physically gifted stars rise the ranks since her dramatic appearance in the 2004 Wimbledon Championships but against all odds she has battled through to come out on top at this years French Open.

Critics and viewing enthusiasts are delight with her sudden turn around and have been quick to praise her triumphant return to the limelight.  "She pulled out all the stops," claimed BBC's Sue Barker, "It takes you back eight years and the endurance, patience and determination of this young woman has to be applauded."

"But when I saw her take that."

"To be honest my thoughts were running with Ana Ivanovic," cited tennis coach Samantha Strike, "But when I saw her take that final game Sharapova was all I could think about."

Anna Kournikova,
gone but not forgotten.
Boris Becker was another professional who was stunned by today's play, "The shock was so startling I had to tell my tailor to give me a few minutes.  Who'd have thought Sharapova would be the one making such a distinct impact at this years French Open?  I'm speechless."

Google has been reporting a gradual increase in Maria Sharapova related searches over the last two weeks but today saw a huge spike in intrigue.  "We didn't realise she was still around," claimed tennis fan Philbert Drenk of the Stockport Lawn and Tennis Association, "We all remember her being pretty cute but then she sort of went off the radar.  Today's win has really brought her back into the limelight.  Although let's face it she's no Anna Kournikova.  Phwoar!"

"Maria's way really spurred on my game."

Competitor Sara Errani.
Sharapova's opponent, Russia's Sara Errani, was upset by the result but was forced to admit that she just didn't have what it takes to win the crowd and the hearts of tennis fans everywhere.  "What can I say," she stated, "All the attention being sent Maria's way really spurred on my game but she just has a natural talent I can't compete with.  "

It is thought that recent surgery proved a massive confidence booster for Sharapova and has helped her return to a positive mindset to bring her back to the level of appreciation she hasn't had since 2008's Australian Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment